Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the Local Legends Tour
Introduction Absorbing the vistas and valleys of these legendary Wanaka locales is at once beguiling and humbling. Join the RunAways team for a blended tour of mountain ascents, lower valley runs and some of the famed recreation activities of the area such as mountain biking, jet boating, rock climbing and more.
Local Legends includes 3 x half day mountain ascents, 1 x full day lower land run and a full day sight seeing/recreation day in Wanaka. We will cover approximately 75km – 85km over the tour.
Difficulty RunAways are holidays tours. We encourage anyone with the stamina to join our tours. While our tours may be physically very demanding, speed is irrelevant and we are non-competitive. This isn’t a training camp, it’s a holiday, just like no other! If you have any questions about your fitness, please get in touch.
- Day 1 | Arrival: Meet at Queenstown Airport. Greet the Team. Travel to Wanaka.
- Day 2 | Roy’s Peak Ascent (14-16km): Earlier than early start to meet your first Kiwi sunrise at the top of Roy’s Peak, one of the most photogenic peaks in New Zealand. Remainder of day includes post ascent brunch and free time.
- Day 3 | Aspiring Flats (35km): A longer day running up the East Matukituki Valley where the bluffs and waterfalls of the lower land rival any mountain top view.
- Day 4 | Leisurely Wanaka: You’re on holidays after all! Leisure day for any recreation activities such as mountain biking, rock climbing, canyoning, jet boating and more.
- Day 5 | Breast Hill (16km): Travel to Lake Hawea and ascend Breast Hill. A solid climb and for spectacular views.
- Day 6 | Isthmus Peak (14km): The final activity is back beyond Hawea and up the oft forgotten Ishtmus Peak. Too often passed over for Roys Peak, Isthmus Peak boasts 360 degree views and is a fabulous ascent. Final farewell dinner.
- Day 7 | End of tour. Group bus available for drop offs at Queenstown Airport or for those staying on in Queenstown, their nearby accommodation.
- Airport pick up & drop off.
- Department of Conservation Permits
- Guided Runs
- Travel within New Zealand with the RunAways group.
- Some breakfast/meal options (Bread, spreads, cereals, milk, coffee and tea) and snacks (some fruit, muesli bars)
- Two spirited, experienced & passionate runners as guides (learn more about Coach Will and Coach Isaac here).
- Costs of optional recreation activities, including hire of equipment or entry fees, such as mountain biking, jet boating and rock climbing
- Food and meals outside of the provisions mentioned in Inclusions.
- Individual optional travel outside of group activities and local area transfers.
- Flights not included
Please note: We have done our utmost to ensure all material published on this web page is accurate and up to date. However, any and all actual tour details can be updated from time to time. Final confirmation of any details must be made direct with the organisors and are reflected in the Administration Pack.
Interested in the Local Legends Tour? Use the form below to send us a message and we can send you a brochure!
FOR A DETAILED INFORMATION BROCHURE AND ANY OTHER ENQUIRIES:
Simply complete the form below and we can send you our booking information or answer any questions. If you prefer to email yourself, you can also find us at email@example.com