Contact email@example.com for information about the Southern Highlights Tour
- Our Southern Highlights Tour showcases some of the best of our tours in the South of NZ, especially designed for those a little more restricted on time.
- Day 1 | Arrival: Start with our first meet up at Queenstown Airport and travel to Lookout Lodge, Wanaka.
- Day 2 | Roys Peak: One of our classic sunrise summits up Roys Peak because we’re chasing the best views possible! Post run feasting in Wanaka, an optional swim and then chill time.
Meals offered: Continental breakfast option
- Day 3 | East Matukituki Valley: A long day exploring the valley floor (although it’s anything but flat) with an afternoon of leisure.
Meals offered: continental breakfast option
- Day 4 | Travel and Queenstown Hill: We travel to Queenstown today with time for an optional leg refreshening Queenstown Hill run/hike later before lunch and time to town. Tonight is a great night to try the ever popular Fergburger for dinner!
Meals: Continental breakfast option
- Day 5 | Ben Lomond: Big Ben Lomond stands proudly over Queenstown and is our target for the day. Once complete, the afternoon is free to explore Queenstown and make the most of the activities on offer, including jetboats, downhill mountain biking, bungy jumping or just take in the sights.
Meals: continental breakfast option
- Day 6 | Tour End: Check out of accommodation and say fare well! Guides on hand for drop offs at selected Queenstown accommodation for those staying on or Queenstown airport for those heading home. For those with later flights, the day is ours!
Meals: continental breakfast option
- Airport pick up & drop off.
- Department of Conservation Permits
- Guided Runs
- Travel within New Zealand with the RunAways group.
- Some breakfast/meal options (Bread, spreads, cereals, milk, coffee and tea) and snacks (some fruit, muesli bars).
- Two spirited, experienced & passionate runners as guides.
- Costs of any optional recreation activities, including any hire of equipment, entry fees or contracting third parties for services.
- Food and meals outside of the provisions mentioned in Inclusions.
- Individual optional travel outside of group activities and local area transfers.
- Flights not included
From Wanaka with its crystal clear lakes overlooked by aspiring, often snow-capped, mountain peaks, to the action-packed adventure capital of the world; Queenstown.
We spend three nights in Wanaka at Lookout Lodge, our well appointed group accommodation that turns out to be one of the most popular and exclusive wedding venues in the area. Lookout Lodge makes a perfect base for our RunAways team due to its spaciousness, proximity to our runs and astounding views.
You get the big names, like Ben Lomond and Roys Peak, but also something truly unique when we travel up East Matukituki valley in the Mt Aspiring National Park
This trip really highlights the best of our tours into one action-packed adventure, with incredible value for money. The Southern Highlights Tour includes four runs/mountain hikes and time to rest and explore the region.
Please note: We have done our utmost to ensure all material published on this web page is accurate and up to date. However, any and all actual tour details can be updated from time to time. Final confirmation of any details must be made direct with the organisors and are reflected in the Administration Pack.
Interested in the Southern Highlights Tour? Use the form below to send us a message and we can send you a brochure!
FOR DETAILED INFORMATION BROCHURE AND ALL ENQUIRIES:
Simply complete the form below and we can answer any questions or send you our Ghost Run brochure with all booking details, current prices and full itinerary.
You can also catch us at firstname.lastname@example.org