2018 Dates | Monday 5th February– Saturday 10th February
Earlybird – $1250 (ends 4 October 2017)
Normal Price: $1450
Introduction This holiday showcases some of the best of our tours in the South of New Zealand. Especially designed for those a little more restricted on time, we explore from Wanaka’s crystal clear lakes and aspiring, often snow-capped, mountain peaks, to the action-packed adventure capital of the world; Queenstown.
We spend three nights in Wanaka at Lookout Lodge, our well appointed group accommodation that turns out to be one of the most popular and exclusive wedding venues in the area. Lookout Lodge makes a perfect base for our RunAways team due to its spaciousness, proximity to our runs and astounding views.
The last two nights are spent at our own six bedroom house as part of the Pinewood Lodge complex in Queenstown. Being within walking distance to the centre of town is a bonus, and yet the big win is that we’re five minutes from the start of the Ben Lomond Track.
During our stay in Wanaka we will hit up a sunrise on Roys Peak and explore Mt Aspiring National Park in the East Matukituki Valley. Back in Queenstown we will be provided an exclusive preview of the Smiths Craft Beer House 10km trail route and an ascent up the most prominent peak in Queenstown – Ben Lomond.
This trip really highlights the best of our tours into one action-packed adventure, with incredible value for money. The Southern Highlights Tour includes four runs/mountain hikes and time to rest and explore the region.
Difficulty The terrain and distances are sure to challenge, so you do need to take note of distances, terrain types and your fitness levels. However, our style remains holiday-esque, so don’t bring your game face except when facing the mountain itself. RunAways are holidays tours. We encourage anyone with the stamina to join our tours. While our tours may be physically very demanding, speed is irrelevant and we are non-competitive. This isn’t a training camp, it’s a holiday, just like no other! If you have any questions about your fitness, please get in touch.
- Day 1 | Arrival: Start with our first meet up at Queenstown Airport and travel to Lookout Lodge, Wanaka.
- Day 2 | Roys Peak: One of our classic sunrise summits up Roys Peak because we’re chasing the best views possible! Post run feasting in Wanaka, an optional swim and then chill time.
Meals offered: Continental breakfast option
- Day 3 | East Matukituki Valley: A long day exploring the valley floor (although it’s anything but flat) with an afternoon of leisure.
Meals offered: continental breakfast option
- Day 4 | Travel and Jack’s Point: We travel to Queenstown today, but we’ll make time for a shorter run at Jack’s Point along the way, as well as an optional Queenstown Hill sunset run/hike later in the day.
Meals: Continental breakfast option
- Day 5 | Ben Lomond: Big Ben Lomond stands proudly over Queenstown and is our target for the day. Once complete, the afternoon is free to explore Queenstown and make the most of the activities on offer, including jetboats, downhill mountain biking, bungy jumping or just take in the sights.
Meals: continental breakfast option
- Day 6 | Tour End: Check out of accommodation and say fare well! Guides on hand for drop offs at selected Queenstown accommodation for those staying on or Queenstown airport for those heading home. For those with later flights, the day is ours!
Meals: continental breakfast option
- Airport pick up & drop off.
- Department of Conservation Permits
- Guided Runs
- Guided recovery and flexibility session
- Travel within New Zealand with the RunAways group.
- Some breakfast/meal options (Bread, spreads, cereals, milk, coffee and tea) and snacks (some fruit, muesli bars).
- Two spirited, experienced & passionate runners as guides (learn more about Coach Will and Coach Isaac here).
- Costs of any optional recreation activities, including any hire of equipment, entry fees or contracting third parties for services.
- Food and meals outside of the provisions mentioned in Inclusions.
- Individual optional travel outside of group activities and local area transfers.
- Flights not included
Please note: We have done our utmost to ensure all material published on this web page is accurate and up to date. However, any and all actual tour details can be updated from time to time. Final confirmation of any details must be made direct with the organisors and are reflected in the Administration Pack.
FOR DETAILED INFORMATION BROCHURE AND ALL ENQUIRIES:
Simply complete the form below and we can answer any questions or send you our Ghost Run brochure with all booking details, current prices and full itinerary.
You can also catch us at firstname.lastname@example.org